Senior Assistant Registrar
Responsible for the hiring and oversight of staff in assigned areas, including hiring, training, evaluation, coaching, and professional development of professional and supervisor level staff.
Be attentive to operational efficiency and effectiveness for assigned areas of responsibility, including ensuring documentation of core processes, monitoring compliance and risk management, and monitoring ongoing effectiveness of specific functional operations to recommend and lead organizational and procedural changes, while providing documentation and training to the campus community.
Advises students, parents, faculty and staff about office and university regulations.
Ensure operations comply with federal, state, and institutional legislation.
The Registrar’s Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Senior Assistant Registrar for Curriculum, Scheduling and Compliance is responsible for planning, organizing, and ensuring continuous improvement of processes related to tracking, updating and maintaining curriculum, degree audit, and course records; scheduling related to course offerings, classrooms and final exams; ensuring compliance with certification of enrollment of student athletes and students using veteran benefits; as well as ensuring the accurate and timely submission of required state and federal reporting. The Senior Assistant Registrar will work directly with staff for ongoing professional development and with the implementation of new and/or updated systems and processes.
Management and oversight of multiple functional areas within the Registrar’s Office.
Provide supervision and guidance with continuous improvement of operations related to core areas of responsibility.
Handle, coordinate, and ensure continuity of specific operations, procedures and policies, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all regulations related to areas of responsibility.
Manages the day-to-day operations of assigned areas, working directly with staff to set goals, create action plans to realize efficiencies and to provide quality service.
Actively contribute to the Office of the Registrar efforts to promote productivity, collaboration, and coordination within and between all sections of office.
Functions as an escalation point for more complex issues including handling exceptions.
Senior Assistant Registrar
||University of North Texas
|Posting Start Date:
||Bachelor’s Degree and five or more years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Demonstrated competency in administering services and operations in a college/university environment, including demonstrated skill in problem solving and change management.
• Knowledge of hiring, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff.
• Commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
• Ability to work in a collaborative results-oriented environment.
• Consistently exercises initiative, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
• Evaluates and resolves problems.
• Establishes, motivates, and supports effective teams to meet objectives.
• Manages conflict, works collaboratively within office and with other university departments.
• Current knowledge of Federal educational laws and policies pertaining to education records.
• Ability to effectively use computer and information technology.
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of increasing responsibility in higher education, particularly in a Registrar or Enrollment Management Office.
- Experience with higher education systems. * Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations related to Registrar’s Office.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and leading multiple areas of responsibility for success.
- Ability to plan and implement sound business decisions.
- Must possess strong leadership skills with a proven track-record for process improvement through planning and design to successful implementation.
- Strong communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
||This listing expires on: 6/10/2021